At Gulf Coast, we take seriously and as a matter of character our responsibility to be good stewards of the community assets and donor funds entrusted to us. Since our creation in 1995 from the sale of The Venice Hospital, we have grown to include more than 500 charitable funds created by individuals, families, organizations, and corporations.
We are a business – a good one – run with the same discipline as any private enterprise. We answer to our donors and our nonprofit partners, and our goal is to maximize return on investment and transform our region through bold and proactive philanthropy.
We have been Confirmed in Compliance with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations since 2006.
Please view and review the financial information below. We think you’ll see, with each graph and figure, how strong we have built—not to mention reinforced—the foundation of our community.
Our Financial Foundation
- Audited financial statements
- IRS Form 990
- Investment performance – most recent quarter
- Recent activity – Gulf Coast Community Foundation and The Venice Endowment Fund (grants, contributions, investments, assets)
Giving and Receiving
In our 2012 fiscal year (July 2011 – June 2012), Gulf Coast invested $14.6 million in grants, initiatives, and scholarships in our region and beyond. A growing share of our grants comes from donor funds, demonstrating how our original endowment—The Venice Endowment Fund—has inspired philanthropists across the wider community to partner with Gulf Coast to help transform our region.
True to their generous spirit, our donors maintained their lofty levels of giving in FY 2012, when contributions to Gulf Coast totaled $18.2 million. This, in turn, has helped to give our nonprofit partners the continued lift they need to emerge from the drag of the recession. View our most recent grant awards below:
- Grant awards – April 2013
- Grant Awards – February 2013
- Grants from unrestricted and field of interest funds – FY 2012
- Grants and scholarships since inception, by year (graph)
- Grants and scholarships since inception, by funding area (graph)
- Grants and scholarships since inception, endowed grants vs. advised grants (graph)